Thursday, 18 July 2013

New beauty purchases i've been loving + review. (Real techniques expert face brush, Soap and glory supercat carbon black extreme eyeliner pen, LUSH bubblegum lipscrub)


Yep, I've joined the real techniques craze! I've always been a sponge or fingers makeup applier, which isn't great, but for a while now I've wanted a really good quality, reasonably priced brush, that i could get a lot of use from. 

You can imagine my happiness after seeing Zoella talk about this on her youtube channel briefly, it sounded perfect and after reading some reviews i got it. I have to say- this is one of my BEST purchases! i use it as a foundation and blush brush, it's just incredible, it does exactly what it claims to do. It's soft, the bristles don't come out, it's easy to wash(i use shampoo), and best of all, the exact product it takes in, it gives to your skin, so there's no product waste. More on the application side of thing, it's so easy to blend and it gives you a flawless finish, can't rave about this enough!

i loooooove big eyes, and for me i feel like my makeups not done unless i have eyeliner on(probably because i'm so use to wearing it). I'm a winged eyeliner girl and i've always been using kohl eyeliner for that,  i just found that the easiest, but it doesn't get you the best look. I've dabbled in liquid eyeliner, but it would just get in my lashes and never look right. 

However, I discovered the perfect compromise, an eye liner pen. It looks so great on, and the pen style of it makes application very easy, again it does what it says: "The foolproof marker tip creates two looks - Fine point for a natural look or thick edge adds a dramatic flash!" It is a bit tricky to get the hang of first if you're not use to it, but you soon do and it just a great eyeliner.

In terms of it being longlasting, it does last a long time, but if you need it to really stay on, i would recommend going over it again. It doesn't claim to be waterproof, and it's not, but saying that even after a massive waterfight, a good half of it stayed on, which sort of wins the whole long lasting argument for me. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone.


I wear alot of lipstick, and over time it can make your lips really unhealthy and dry- this is what happened to me. If you know me, you know i'm really in to healthiness and organic stuff, so straight away i wanted something organic/natural, and this was recommended to me. 

The application was pretty straight forward, you only need the tiniest bit, it doesn't hurt as it uses sugar, to remove all the dead skin you do need to spend about 20 seconds rubbing it. It does make your lips feel a bit bare as it's just exfoliated it, so don't forget to put some lip balm on, like the directions on it say. 

Overall, It's such a brilliant product, does what it says, lasts ages, and after a couple of uses my lips were lovely and soft, it smells and tastes AMAZING too!

8 comments:

  1. I love my Real Techniques brush, one brush can literally do everything! That LUSH lip scrub smells soo good, I need to buy it at some point :)
    zara
    x

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally agree, literally everything! and it's so good, it makes me want to just eat it. x

      Delete
  2. great post - i love RT brushes. they're so good :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win a goodie bag of beauty products! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and i know, they're great :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to try those brushes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 4 of those brushes. They're so good. X

    http://chloeveblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are! i love mine, will definitley get some more in the future x

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, i love hearing what you have to say and apreciate every single one of you.
I check out all the blogs that comment on my posts or follow me, but please don't comment for a follow back or follow for follow as i don't do them xx