Thursday, 15 August 2013

L'Oreal Hair Expertise EverRiche Nourishing & Taming Shampoo & Conditioner (very dry rebellious hair) review + my hair routine.


2 for £9 at Boots. [Shampoo] [Conditioner]
This is quite an odd thing to review, but i was reading essiebutton's blog, she did a review about these products and loved it so i went out and got it to see for myself.

This is the best highstreet/drugstore shampoo and conditioner I've ever used. It just scores points in everything. It claims to: "leave hair feeling nourished, protected from dryness. Your hair feels satin soft and incredibly silky. Instantly tamed, your hair is easy to style and flows sumptuously with a brilliant shine." Usually i find if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is, but no, this actually did what it said it would do. It left me with really soft, healthy looking, shiny, alive hair. It's sulfate-free aswell which is a bonus, it has botanical oils too and anything that sounds natural just instantly grabs my attention. It smells great too, it's sort of like a vanilla smell, but not a sickly one,  a really natural vanilla, not too overpowering at all and the smell lasts aswell. They also do one for "dry and fine hair." I really recommend these products if your hair fits in to either category, it's amazing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst we're on the subject of hair, i thought it would be fun and even helpful to some of you to find out my hair routine. I have curly hair, because of the structure it's very dry and very frizzy, so i only wash it once or twice a week, which sounds disgusting, but it just doesn't really get greasy or dirty, it's just so dry.


 Before i wash my hair i brush it out, this makes it so much easier to wash and reduces tangles when you're finished. When I've finished washing my hair i rinse it with cold water, it just makes it a lot shinier. Then I just sort of grab my hair with a towel so it's not dripping wet, but still really wet and then i apply the John Frieda Frizz-ease Extra Strength HairSerum, after this i just sort my parting then leave my hair alone to air dry, (if you're in a rush use a diffuser) I don't brush or comb it when it's wet as i'm sure most of you know why, but when your hair is wet basically it's at its weakest which means it breaks a lot easier.
When my hair's damp/mostly dry i finger comb it (or you can use a wide tooth comb), because it's easier for me to remove tangles, i don't know if it's the best thing to do, but it's what i do.  I don't use any heat on it, occasionally i might straighten bits to flatten it down or make it look longer, but that's quite rare. I don't recommend using a brush at all if you have curly hair, it's going to make it go frizz-crazy.

That's basically it really, once a month i also deep condition by using a hair mask, it's a home made one and consists of coconut oil, avocado, honey and some other ingrediants, i'm planning on doing a post about this at a later date.

This is all just stuff I've picked up, i hope you found this interesting or helpful, leave me a comment below if you have any questions or tips for me or even if you just enjoyed reading this.

4 comments:

  1. I have curly hair as well! What I would really recommend is not using shampoo. I know this sounds disgusting, but what you do is, you use conditioner instead. You would use the conditioner the same way as you would use the shampoo and then you use conditioner again. I have been doing this for a few weeks and I have noticed great improvements to my hair, it's no longer dry and frizzy!

    http://acatshabitat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about this, i've tried it before and unfortunatley my hair felt quite weighed down, but so glad it worked well for you and thanks for the tip. x

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried the L'Oreal products - they look fabulous.

    Followed :)

    Xo, Michelle

    mash-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're so good! and thankyou lovely xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, i love hearing what you have to say and apreciate every single one of you.
I check out all the blogs that comment on my posts or follow me, but please don't comment for a follow back or follow for follow as i don't do them xx