Saturday, 21 September 2013

DIY: Newspaper Nails

 Hey guys! So i was scouting the interwebs for a fun DIY to do and to show you all, that's when i came across this look- it's so easy to do and it looks great too.

Here's what you need:  Nude or light coloured Nail Polish(i used Pistachio Icecream by MUA), a clear Top Coat(I used Miss Sporty Lasting Colour), Newspaper and Vodka(or rubbing alcohol or mouthwash)
First thing first, put on the Nail Polish of you choice and wait for it to dry.
Then get a strip of newspaper that's big enough to go over your nail, soak it in Vodka, put it on your nail or nails and press firmly. After you've waited for a couple of seconds carefully peel it off.
Voila! I told you it was simple! i chose to just put it on my fourth fingers, but you can put it on all of them or any of your choice.
 I really like this look, it takes something simple and turns it in to something a little more interesting, but still in a simple way! I hope you enjoyed seeing how to do this and have lots of fun recreating it just like i did. Let me know in the comments below what you think :)

18 comments:

  1. wow such a pretty colour :D
    if you ever have time id love it if you could look at my blog and maybe give me some feedback?! im new to blogging!! :) thankyou.

    http://xprincessjas.blogspot.co.uk/
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! it looks a little blue on the pictures, but it's the perfect mint colour. xx

      Delete
  2. I've always meant to try this out but have never gotten around to it. Looks super easy and such a fun nail art idea!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, i heard about this ages ago, but i'm glad i finally did it :) and it really is! xx

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty color, plus the print adds such a chic look.
    Thanks for the diy :) I'm a new follower.

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly what i thought, makes it look a little more interesting, and thankyou so much lovely xx

      Delete
  4. great tips lovely! i love your blog too, followed you on blogger and bloglovin :) xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog, I am a new follower(:

    Charlie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice nail colour, and I love the newspaper nail art. I really want to try it now! xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look awesome! Love this, must try it... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! and you should def go for it xx

      Delete
  8. So cool , I did this a year ago but i def. try this again!:)
    I like your blog! I follow you now, and I hope you follow me back^^
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so quick :) and thankyou very much xx

      Delete
  9. such a clever and amazing idea!!
    definitely going to be trying this out! :)
    xo

    http://peekaboo-vintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, i love hearing what you have to say and apreciate every single one of you.
I check out all the blogs that comment on my posts or follow me, but please don't comment for a follow back or follow for follow as i don't do them xx