Sunday, 26 January 2014

Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour - 08 Pirate

As I'm writing this, I've just come home from college to lovely little parcel! Recently the lovely Jessica reached 100 followers and to celebrate she gave away this Chanel Nail Colour in Pirate, I was very lucky and won! So as always, i'd thought i'd share it with you guys.

Most people that know me know that I love 2 things: Chanel and red nails. All I ever have on my nails is red and Chanel is just such a beautiful and iconic label, so naturally, me and this product got on like storm.
As expected I absolutely adore the colour, it's a gorgeous deep dark red, and i can actually understand why they called it pirate. I usually wear a lighter red, but i have definitively fallen in love with this. The shade does tend to change a little bit though, depending on what kind of light you're in (i used natural light to take the photo's) and how many coats you've put on, i put on two, with no base coat or topcoat, just to test out the wear. I have to say... i'm so satisfied with this! It's lasted around 5 days with only some minor chips at the tips of my nails that are barely noticeable, and i'm sure if you wore a top coat with this, it'd be fine. I do really recommend this, lovely colour and incredible wear- better than any nail varnish i've ever tried before, what more could you want from a Nail Colour? I've also got compliments from people commenting on how shiny and glossy this looks, which is lovely. The only thing that's a little bit off putting is the hefty price tag it comes with, it retails at £17.50 from Boots, but if you can afford to splash the cash, then go for it, it's worth it. If you are interested, but this stretches the budget a little bit, I've heard Revlon do really great dupes of Chanel nail colour, and i've also seen a similar colour to this that Rimmel have done recently done.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this, what's your favourite Nail Colour/Polish?

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so in love with this colour and more so your photography!
    Just discovered your blog, you're so talented! Can't wait to have a proper read through ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that's so lovely, thankyou! very kind of you, means a lot to me xx

      Delete
  2. Hi. You got a very cool ideas and you`re so amazing. I subscribed to you, subscribe to me, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is absolutely splended!! I need that color!

    xx Cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That colour is beaaaautiful :-) Red is definitely the colour of confidence. Great post and well done on winning! :-)

    www.fairytalesandlittlewhitelies.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that- colour of confidence! Thanks Alex xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous color! its a lovely red!

    lifeisashoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour is gorgeous, really rich and deep, and how do you paint your nails so beautifully, mine always look a complete mess

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. def agree! and thanks lovely, sure thing xx

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, i love hearing what you have to say and apreciate every single one of you.
I check out all the blogs that comment on my posts or follow me, but please don't comment for a follow back or follow for follow as i don't do them xx